Thursday, November 6, 2008

October in Pigeon Forge--Day 3

This will be an exceedingly short post. Frankly, we didn't do much on Monday. We were very lazy, and we just relaxed in our beautiful cabin. :) I'll include a few "hanging around the house" pictures, but there's not that much to write up.

*Note: These photos are obviously not all from Monday. We were extremely lazy that day, so we weren't really taking a whole lot of pictures. But they give a pretty good idea of the things we would have been doing as we lazed around our cabin.

Sarah shows off a moose she got from Grandpa.



Painting at her easel (another gift from Grandma and Grandpa).




Sarah discovers the joys of a slinky. Digression: my 3rd grade teacher bought all the boys in the class a slinky for Christmas that year. The girls did NOT get slinkies. I was really bummed. Apparently I also have psychological scarring, because I'm kind of envious of Sarah's slinky.




Playing a game with Grandma.





Playing the same game with Aunt Tara.




After our lovely restful day, we did get hungry, and we decided to venture out for supper. I mentioned that we had vowed to stick the list of "rave review" restaurants that I had compiled. Some restaurants showed up once or twice on the list. But far and away, there was one restaurant that EVERYONE seemed to love. I read more glowing accolades for Bennett's Barbecue than any other place in the area. So off we headed to see if it really lived up to all that hype.

It did. I'm a Southern girl, and I LOVE good barbecue. And I can testify to the fact that Bennett's is darn good barbecue. YUM!

Tara had never had real Southern barbecue before, and she sure had a good first experience. She took lots of pictures of the occasion. Rather than try to re-post her photos, I will just tell you to click here and read all about our delicious meal! :)

2 comments:

Tara said...

Mmmm....Bennetts needs to open a place in Phoenix! STAT!

Unknown said...

Lol. Sounds like a plan! You should write and tell them! ;)