Saturday, November 24, 2012

write something

I've been reading a lot of books about writing lately.  I snag them from Amazon when they're free and read them on my Kindle.  I also subscribe to tips from various writers, bloggers, publishers, etc. on Twitter.  Each one offers a different perspective, but one thing is common across the board.

Write.

Every day.  Write something

That is one reason I started this blogging experiment--to force myself to write something each day. 

The trouble is, I can't always think of the "something" to write. 

One of the writers I read said "writer's block" was nonexistent and was merely making excuses.  He said if you made yourself sit down and just start writing, something would eventually come--no block.  It's all in your head. 

So I guess this little bit of rambling I'm doing here still counts as writing something today, right? 

Anyway, here's my day today:  laundry, dishes, pumpkin waffles, bill-paying and checkbook reconciling, and writing my first story for this site I got an invite to. 

Oh, hey, there's something to write about!  I got an invitation to a writers' site!  It pays exactly jack and squat, but it still feels good to get noticed and invited to be part of something. 

Of course, I have four blogs I don't use much--maybe I don't need another site to write for right now. 

Oh, well.  At least I'm writing something.

No comments: