Thursday, November 29, 2012

insert clever title here because I can't think of one

So I was looking forward to drinking a cup of my free coffee for breakfast?  Yeah, it kind of didn't happen.  Sarah woke up a few minutes before I did this morning.  She sneaked herself upstairs while I was using the bathroom and promptly set about making breakfast.  She fixed three bowls of oatmeal in the microwave.  And she made me a cup of coffee.  It was terribly sweet, and I was very touched.

The downside?  Well, for starters, I don't actually like oatmeal (unless it's baked oatmeal.  Which this wasn't).  And...the coffee was instant.  Easy for her to manage, but not my lovely Green Mountain coffee.  :(

Never fear though, I ate some oatmeal and drank the coffee and complimented Sarah on both and thanked her.  And I managed to sneak Natalie about half my oatmeal, so everyone was happy.  ;)  And I drank a cup of my Green Mountain coffee this afternoon.  :-D

I use a lot of freebie curricula that I snag from various sources.  We're finishing up a free Thanksgiving unit study that we didn't quite complete last week.  Gotta get Thanksgiving done before Advent starts on Sunday!  ;)

Supper tonight came partially from another free curriculum--The Children Around the World unit from which I pull ideas for co-op.  I was fixing meatloaf and decided to fix rice for a side (I was out of potatoes).  I remembered the curriculum had a recipe for yellow rice.  Of course I didn't follow the recipe completely as written (hey, it's me!), but I did get a lovely dish of yellow rice.  Sarah especially loved it.  I do want to try the authentic version one day, but I didn't have all the ingredients tonight.  Still, anything that jazzes up boring old rice is good in my book.  ;)

That's all I've got for today.  I've already talked about Sarah's aversion to edited poems on Facebook so I won't rehash that here.  ;)  Have a good night!

No comments: