Tuesday, November 27, 2012

stream-of-consciousness post

Yesterday I had two or three posts in mind.  I meant to write them up and schedule them to post today and tomorrow.  But Mondays are always crazy and hectic, and I didn't get it done.

Now I can't remember what either post was about. 

This is why I haven't been blogging often.  I forget what I was going to say before I ever even get a chance to say it.  :-p 

So here I sit, racking my brain to figure out just what it was I meant to write.  I keep thinking I'll at least get a hint as to the subject.  Something should niggle at me, you know?  But no.  I got nothin'.  It's just gone. 

Maybe I should start trying to post menu plans and shopping trips again.  That's at least something to write about, even though I'm sure no one cares.

Maybe I should ramble on for an entire post about how I have nothing to say.  That's loads of fun to read, right? 

Ooh, I know!  I'll talk about the kindergarten class I'm teaching for our homeschool co-op.  It's actually kind of fun.  My unit is Children Around the World.  We've had a great time eating, playing games, listening to music, reading stories, and finding art projects.  I drag my computer to class each week, and the kids look at pictures and sometimes even power point presentations.  So far we've done India, China, Australia, and South Africa.  Israel and Mexico will be coming soon.  I think I'm going to use some of the lessons for geography for Sarah--the resources I'm using can easily be adapted for an older child. 

Sarah's second grade class at co-op combines art, history, and a brief Spanish lesson.  I also have a couple of Spanish apps for the iPad.  I snagged an entire Spanish curriculum for free, and I was excited to start using it, but it uses cassette tapes.  Our tape player broke.  Completely kaput.  So now I have a lovely free curriculum with no way to use it.  :(  But at least with the co-op class and the iPad, she's learning a little, even if it's not ideal.  

And now I've bored everyone long enough.  For today, anyway.  ;)  Come back tomorrow and be bored again! 

2 comments:

Tara said...

I know I told you this in an e-mail, but I do love the Children of the World class info. I think it sounds like such fun and so interesting! Falafels are pretty easy to make if you need a food for Israel day. :)

I personally never tire of reading others' menu plans. I need all the inspiration and help I can get! :)

Unknown said...

It has been a really fun unit to teach! The hardest part is that we don't have enough time to do everything I'd like. Narrowing it down is tough! :-p