Friday, August 29, 2008

it's a...

baby! It's way too soon to know whether it's a girl or a boy at this point (although Sarah thinks that it is a girl). But there is definitely baby #2 on the way! Estimated due date is April 8, 2009. And we have, for your viewing pleasure, a few pictures of the new little one...(sorry it took us awhile to get them up; the scanner did NOT want to cooperate!). :-p





So far, everything looks good and the pregnancy is progressing normally. I have had a good bit of so-called "morning" sickness (terribly misnamed). I have had the typical pregnancy exhaustion and fatigue. But Sarah has been incredibly helpful through all this. During one particularly bad bout in the bathroom, she patted my leg and said soothingly, "It's okay, it's okay. I'm here." She lets me rest in the afternoon, playing quietly in her room if it's a day when she doesn't need a nap. And she helps me dust. :)

I mentioned in the first paragraph that Sarah thinks the baby is a girl. This may be an understatement. She is absolutely convinced that it is a girl, and she will not listen to any talk to the contrary. She was chatting with a lady in a coffee shop one day. The lady asked if Sarah had any brothers or sisters. Sarah said, "I have a sister, but she's still in Mommy's tummy." At the ultrasound on Tuesday, when the picture popped up on the screen, Sarah exclaimed excitedly, "That's my sister!" Tonight at supper, the baby came up in conversation, Nelson mentioned that they baby might be a baby brother. Sarah just made a face. "No, it's my sister."

At this point, I'm not making a big deal about it. She has a 50/50 chance of being right. If it turns out she's wrong, we'll deal with that when we know for sure. It's not worth fussing about right now.

In other news, Sarah currently now has me all dolled up in jewelry so that I can "go to the ball and meet the prince." She is telling Nelson that he's the prince who needs to dance with me and fall in love with me! So I guess I'll fall in love with my prince now, per my daughter's request. :)

Happy Labor Day weekend!!!

2 comments:

Tana said...

awwww, you have a tiny alien! ;) i'm really glad everything is going normally. sarah could be right. way before we knew which gender sean was, my nephew jarrett insisted that the baby was a boy. either way, i'm sure sarah will love the baby when s/he arrives.

Nelson said...

There was an episode of Star Trek Voyager where Seven of Nine detected a "parasite" growing within the abdomen of B'Lana Torres. Torres had not yet announced that she and husband Tom Paris were expecting...