Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Advent

A few days ago, via another blog that I regularly read, I came across an Advent Bible study for families. It had the study itself for the adults, questions to discuss as a family, and pictures for the kiddies to color. I went ahead and printed the study, and Sarah and I have been working through it in the morning. She loves coloring the pages and "talking about Jesus." I don't have any traditional Advent candles, so we plug in the lights on the Christmas tree, and read John 8:12. "Jesus said to the people, 'I am the light of the world. If you follow Me, you won't be stumbling through the darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.'" I told Sarah that we decorate with lights at Christmastime because Jesus is the light of the world. Sarah got very excited...and confused. "Those lights are Jesus!" she proclaimed. Um, no, not exactly. But how do you explain symbolism to a three year old? I settled for, "The lights aren't Jesus, because Jesus is with God in heaven, but they help us think about and remember Jesus." She seemed satisfied with that.

On a completely different note, I got my new glasses yesterday. Ugh. It's been 16 years since I've worn glasses; I like my contacts, thank you very much. I'm having a really hard time to adjusting to this whole glasses thing. Everything looks weird to me right now, and I keep bumping into things because they're a bit distorted. I hope my new contacts arrive soon!!!

No comments: