Tuesday, May 27, 2008

fun day at the gymnastics place!

Today Sarah had a play date at a local gymnastics place. (I can't even think how to type the way Sarah says "gymnastics gym", but she usually follows her pronunciation with "That's hard to say!"). I will apologize in advance for the poor quality of the photos here. I had two strikes against me in the picture-taking department: 1)I forgot the camera and had to use my cell phone, and 2) Sarah was constantly in motion, so several of the pictures came out blurry! But here is my best attempt to capture the highlights of our visit.

Sarah on the balance beam. "Mommy, I'm doing my balancing!"




Rolling down one of the inclined mats...




Bouncing on one of several trampolines...




A running trampoline. Each time she dashed down it, she would proclaim, "I won at the finish line!"




A large foam pit. Sarah was hesitant to try this at first, and she never would actually jump into it or swing on the rope into it. But she liked scooting in and wading through it.



This particular place is really neat. It's owned by Christians, and "To God be the glory" is painted on the wall for all to see. If Sarah ever becomes interested in taking gymnastics classes, this would be the place I'd choose. :)

Anyway, we had a great time, and Sarah really got a lot of energy out; she is now sleeping peacefully in her bed. :)

2 comments:

Tara said...

That looks like a lot of fun!! I hope Sarah gets to take gymnastic classes someday.

Shades of Pink said...

These pictures remind me of the gym in the movie "Nadia." Looks like fun!

~Shades of Pink~