Monday, December 17, 2012

Natalie-isms

I know I've been quiet here for a few days.  I wrote an entry about Friday's horrific events, but I just couldn't bring myself to post it.  There just aren't any words that could possibly be adequate.

Natalie's got some sort of cold; she's sounded horrible the last couple of days.  I'm sorry that she's sick, but I have to admit that her croaks and squeaks have been kind of funny to hear.  I keep meaning to restock our supply of elderberry syrup and pick up some children's chewable zinc, but I've not had a chance to do either yet. 

I do have a couple of funny stories though.  Natalie discovered for the first time that some public restrooms use hand dryers rather than paper towels.  Now when Sarah was Natalie's age, the hand dryer scared her silly.  Natalie found it delightful.  She couldn't stop giggling.  She positioned herself so that it would blow her hair as well.  She had a great time! 

After letting out a string of sneezes, Natalie exclaimed, "I'm sorry!  I didn't mean to curse!"  She got that particular line from a movie preview on a DVD we own.  The scene shows the woman "squawking" then apologizing for cursing.  I'm not sure why Natalie associated sneezes with squawks, but it still amused me. 

I'm off to bed (after finishing my hot tea and gargling with saltwater.  I hate sore throats!). 

No comments: