Saturday, March 5, 2011

it's not easy being pink...

Back in January, Sarah came down with pink eye in both eyes.  We tried to be extra careful as we treated her so that no one else would get it  We were successful, and once Sarah was better, we were done with pink eye. 

In the last couple of weeks, we've all come down with colds.  It's been a humdinger of a cold, and no one is recovering very quickly.  I've been especially worried about Natalie.  Colds have a tendency to turn into ear infections for her.  For awhile last year, she was getting an ear infection every 2-3 months.  It has been about 9 months since her last one, so we had definitely broken the pattern.  Still, the cold was making me edgy...especially when she started screaming one night.

I took her to the doctor (our pediatrician is now in a new office, which is very nice--and closer to our house!).  Natalie didn't have an ear infection, but she did have an infection in her throat...and pink eye. 

Putting eye drops into Sarah's eyes when she had pink eye wasn't a picnic, but it was doable.  Putting eye drops into Natalie's eye, however, has been darn near impossible.  It is a battle each and every time, and it takes both me and Nelson to get the eye drops in.  I will be glad when it is over, and I hope we can keep it from spreading to anyone else again. 

1 comment:

Tara said...

Yikes! And I thought I had it rough putting medicine drops in my rabbit's mouth!