Monday, October 4, 2010

Natalie says

I can't keep up with Natalie's vocabulary. She adds words and phrases daily now, and I am certain that if I try to list them I will forget/leave out many. So here is my best effort, but it is in no way a comprehensive list. And it will probably change tomorrow!

Dada/Daddy
Mama
Peep-eye
Bye
Hi/hey
Baby
Whoa
Wow
Uh-oh
Give (as in, "Give that to me!")
Teeth
Thank you
Please
How are you?
Wanna go.
Want down.
Wanna see.
What's that?
Bobby (We have no idea who or what this refers to, but she says it quite clearly, and she says it a LOT.)
Mike
Sarah
Ow
Wanna sit
______________________________________________________________

Side (this is how she tells me she wants to nurse; she wants a "side")
Eat
There you go.
I see you.
Up
Tea
I stinky
Ew
Yuck
Have
Ball
Uh-huh
No
All full.
Fall (the verb, not the season)
Read
Shoe
Foot
Play
Walk
Phone
Hello
Fork (I hope she never says this in public).
Mine (yes, she's possessive).

There's more; I know there is. I just can't remember them all right now. I know I'll be kicking myself as soon as I post this for all the ones I forgot. But if I don't write it down on the spot, it seems to fall out of one of the holes in my Swiss-cheese brain. And then she adds something new a few minutes later!

No comments: