Wednesday, June 12, 2013

more iPad shenanigans

For about a week now, I've had an outline of blog posts to write up--several different topics, notes I had jotted down, and so forth.  I just hadn't had the chance to actually sit down and write them up and schedule them.

But I'm reading this book on procrastination, and I guess I got inspired.  So while the baby napped earlier today, I grabbed the iPad, opened the Blogger app, and began typing away.

I finished up and began looking over it for proofreading.  I placed it in the "posts" pool of the app without publishing, because the baby started to stir and I wanted one more chance to look it over.  Later, I attempted to click on the post again so I could edit it.

I had said that iPad autocorrect had started to redeem itself.  What happened next wasn't an example of autocorrect gone awry--more app gone awry (or more accurately, app user gone awry)--but I still find it somewhat ironic which post it happened to.

In attempting to edit the post I had written, I instead managed to delete the post on autocorrect.  Completely, totally gone.  It didn't ask "are you sure?"  It didn't bump it back down to drafts or stick it with other deleted posts.  Just poof!  Gone.

That post is back now, thanks to a copy Nelson still had sitting in his Google Reader (and boy, won't I be sunk once that goes away here soon!).  I'm not too thrilled with the Blogger app at the moment and even less thrilled with myself for making a stupid mistake like that.  But all's well that ends well.

Anyway, we're fine here, and I'm going to try to get those posts written and scheduled for real now.  I'll play around with the Blogger app a bit more too, to ensure that I don't bungle something else.  I use the iPad's LiveJournal app quite a lot, but clearly there are differences between the two. 


No comments: