Thursday, May 3, 2012

ramblings

First of all, I wish a very happy birthday to my dear husband!  We are trying to make him feel special and loved.  Sarah spent a good chunk of time yesterday creating homemade decorations and plastering them all over the living room.  She also made a homemade card for him--complete with the name of the "corporation" on the back.  :)  Natalie has been saying "Happy birthday" over and over again.

Me, I express affection through baking.  So we started the day with homemade waffles.  Tonight's supper will be steak, salad, and homemade bread, followed by cherry pie and ice cream.  There is some sort of shindig taking place downtown this evening (some friends of ours are the musical entertainment) which we may attend as well.  Hopefully that all adds up to a good birthday!

I would be remiss if I did not also wish a happy birthday to my father-in-law.  Yes, Nelson and his dad share a birthday.  What are the odds, huh?  Anyway, I hope he too has a terrific day!

On a completely unrelated topic, I recently restructured our school day a bit to add a few extra things.  During our Bible time, in addition to the Bible story and the questions and stories from Big Truths for Little Kids, we also sing a hymn and work on a memory verse.  Sarah talked today about how much she was enjoying the hymns and how they "helped her learn about God."  But what really warmed my heart was watching her patiently trying to teach Natalie the memory verses...and watching her praise Natalie to the skies when she got it right.  It was definitely one of the most precious things I've seen take place between the two.


1 comment:

Tara said...

That sounds like a great birthday for Nelson! Enjoy!!

What a sweet story about the girls. I love it!