Thursday, November 4, 2010

Natalie says

Dada/Daddy
Mama/Mommy
Peep-eye
Bye
Hi/hey
Baby
Whoa
Wow
Uh-oh
Give (as in, "Give that to me!")
Teeth
Thank you
Please
How are you?
Wanna go.
Want down.
Wanna see.
What's that?
Bobby (We have no idea who or what this refers to, but she says it quite clearly, and she says it a LOT.)
Mike
Sarah
Ow
Wanna sit
______________________________________________________________

Side (this is how she tells me she wants to nurse; she wants a "side")
Eat
There you go.
I see you.
Up
Tea
I stinky
Ew
Yuck
Have
Ball
Uh-huh
No
All full.
Fall (the verb, not the season)
Read
Shoe
Foot
Play
Walk
Phone
Hello
Fork (I hope she never says this in public).
Mine (yes, she's possessive).
____________________________________________________________________________
Now
Sock
Hair
Nose
Dog
Duck
Hey, you
Food
Drink
Yum
Cereal
Cheerios
Hug
Block
Play
Pay (a funny story with this one, which I will share after the list)
Suck (said when she wants her pacifier)
Out
Outside
Peep-poo (I've already blogged about this one)
Want
Wipe
Face
Five
Tortilla (new today!)
Cake (actually said in reference to a muffin, not actual cake)
Hot
Tickle
Look
Okay
Let go
Light
Bite

There's probably more that I'm forgetting. :-p But I will say that Natalie combines several of these into sentences and phrases. Also of note is that "tickle," "thank you," and "there you go" sound pretty much the same the way she says them; you basically have to go by context as to which one she means.

She got a hold of my wallet awhile back and pulled out my debit card. She handed it to me and said, "Wanna pay?"

I'll try to add more if I think of them!

3 comments:

Tara said...

How funny about not saying "fork" in public. :) My little brother used to say "fruck" instead of "truck". One day while walking through the parking lot to a store, he kept pointing at trucks and yelling "FRUCK Mama!! FRUCK!!". My mother was mortified because people kept staring but poor Michael had no clue. :)

Unknown said...

I got a very nasty look in Target one day when Sarah was a baby trying to say "bulky." it didn't sound much like "bulky" at all! :-p

My mom says when my brother was learning to say "thank you," she had to make sure she immediately said "You're welcome" so that listeners would know he wasn't saying something else entirely!

Tara said...

Lol! Really, you'd think people wouldn't assume the worst about the things babies say. Then again, I have heard a few toddlers use a true swear word!