Saturday, February 21, 2009

hanging in there....

I guess it's been awhile since I posted. We are slightly overwhelmed at the moment, with sorting and packing...and more illness. Sarah started the week with congestion and fever and by Thursday it was apparent needed to visit the doctor. Sure enough, she has another ear infection, so she is back on antibiotics (as well as Dimetapp for the congestion and Motrin for pain and fever and the twice daily Zantac....I have one seriously drugged up kid!).

But today she is feeling better. We were able to drop the Motrin (YAY!), and the antibiotic has had enough time to work that she is feeling more like her normal, chipper self. She woke up in a good mood for the first time all week and finally seems to be on the road to recovery. Whew!

In fact, she was in SUCH a good mood this morning that we were actually able to snap a couple of blog-worthy photos! :) She was playing with her make-up set, and she really did her face up in style! And since she is recovering so well, she was willing to ham it up for the camera! Enjoy.








In other news, here is a somewhat funny story (although it wasn't amusing at all at the time!) from yesterday. We often use the phrase "computer bug" to describe some kind of glitch in a program or system. This is because the very first "computer bug" was a literal fly causing problems. It is now a part of our societal jargon.

A similar thing happened in my family. When I was a young girl, my mother opened a cabinet and a jar of Bacos fell out and hit her in the mouth. She had quite the swollen, bruised lip for awhile. Since then, anything that falls out of a cabinet or off a shelf "bacos" a person if it strikes them. It is part of my family's personal jargon.

Well, I got bacoed yesterday. I opened my cabinet to get a plate for lunch. Without warning, from the top shelf, a glass lid to one of my casseroles came flying out of the cabinet. It promptly slammed into the largest target it could find--my round, 8-months-pregnant belly! OWWWWW...

Nelson was surprised that the lid didn't shatter when it hit the floor. I retorted why would it? My stomach had absorbed all of its force and momentum! I'm fine now, of course, which is why I can laugh about it today. Yesterday, my reaction was quite the opposite!

We have quite a lot to do today--packing and moving and trying to fit an oil change for my car in there. I wish everyone a good weekend, good health...and no random options falling out of your cabinets to baco you! :)

3 comments:

Tana said...

adorable pics, as usual.

Heather said...

Oh my goodness OUCH!!! Sorry that happened!

Are you moving moving??

Super cute pics!! I think Evie would love to have her own makeup, but I'm not sure I'm ready for that :)

Tara said...

Funny pictures!! :-) I'm glad Sarah was feeling herself enough to ham it up!

The lid incident sounded very painful! :-( I hope your poor belly isn't all bruised up!! :-(